Seely Shoulder Shapes, 265 W. 40th St. between 7th & 8th Aves. (1986)

Seely Shoulder Shapes was originally called Seely Shoulder Pad Corp. They were located in this building at 263/5 W. 40th St. from 1945 until 1955/56.

The Manhattan telephone directory lists them as Seely Shoulder Shape Inc. only in 1954 and 1955. Did Artkraft-Strauss create this beautiful sign at that time? As of April 2003 the sign was still there, a bit faded but still very striking...